Data Research Assistant
New York, NY (Remote OK)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and publish interesting datasets and projects onto Qri (we’ll show you how).
- Promote your work (write tutorials, blog posts, post to social media, record demo videos, etc. Sky’s the limit).
- Help us make Qri better for others (share your ideas, flag bugs, give us feedback on our roadmap).
For examples of the kind of work you'd be doing, review this recent blog post
Qualifications & Required Technical Skills (About you)
- You have proficiency in one or more popular data science applications: R Studio / Jupyter Notebooks / Tableau, others.
- You have done some projects in the past with data (which required basic data mining work of your own), and be you’d be willing to show us what you did.
- You’re familiar with and good at web scraping
- You’ve got some basic programming skills (enough to write the code to get the data).
Start Date: ASAP
Commitment & Duration: ~20 Hours / week.
This will be an ongoing need for us in 2020, so we’re flexible when it comes to when/if you need to roll off or want this to extend further into the year. You’re welcome to set your own hours, but we need a commitment of at least 20 hours / week.
Compensation: Somewhere between $30 - $50 per hour, depending on skills.
The rate we settle on will be commensurate with your skills and experience. We’ll negotiate this with you. The more powerful your skills, the more we can pay you per hour.